This week our teacher introduced a website called ESL podcast. I think this one isn't better than ESL Cyber Listening Lab. Here are my opinions:
1. In ESL Cyber Listening Lab. you can choose the level you want to practice. But in ESL podcast, you can only see the topics and the categories.
2. There are no exercises in ESL podcast. On the other hand, You can do some exercises in ESL Cyber Listening Lab.
3. The speaker's talking speed is very slow. Besides, there are no scripts about what he said.
Even though there are some disadvantages of the websites, there are still some advantages of the website:
1. You can download those files. If you do that, you can practice your listening ability without internet. All you need is a cellphone or a MP3 player.
2. ESL podcast has more articles than ESL Cyber Listening Lab. There are more than 1800 articles in ESL podcast.
In sum, i still prefer ESL Cyber Listening Lab because that website is very complete. But I still want to admire the author of ESL podcast. Because the website has over than 1800 articles. The author needs to be very patient and enthusiastic to achieve that scale. It's definitely not an easy job.
Very nice comparison, Adam. That's true, not an easy task to maintain this learning site, 1800 episodes so far. They must be very dedicated people.ReplyDelete