Sunday, January 1, 2017

Assignment #10 Edx

   This week our teacher introduced a great website called edX. There are a lot of interesting lessons on this website. With this website, you can learn a lot of knowledge on the internet. Every lesson has some questions or tests just like what we do in school. Some lesson even has a discussion post. If you participate that discussion you will get one "point" (I think if you don't have enough points you will fail the class). I think the teacher want to encourage his/her students to express what they are thinking about the lesson.
     
Here are some lessons I choose in that website:


 1.  The science of everyday thinking -- from the university of queensland.

 I choose this lesson because I am wondering how people "thinking" about everything.

 2.  Introduction to Italian opera -- from Dartmouth university.


 If I have an opportunity I always want to visit some Europe countries. Because of the stunning architectures and fantastic artworks. So I choose this lesson as well.

3. Terrorism and counterterrorism -- from Georgetown university

Sadly, 2016 was not a peace year at all.  Terrorist attacked a lot of countries and It seems like they will not stop. It is an international problem so I think it is necessary to learn more about it. After all, no one can promise that Taiwan will not be attacked by terrorists in the future.

     I think those lessons have three benefits. First of all, you can practice your English skill by taking those lessons. 
      Second, those lessons will not cost too much of your time.  For example, The lesson "The science of everyday thinking" will only cost you 2 hours in one week. It is not difficult to finish the lesson.
      Third, There are a lot of knowledge from many subjects. If you are eager to learn more knowledge, I think this website is one of the best treasure box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment